1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue screen of death= Bricked?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by ChasePayn, May 25, 2007.

1. ChasePayn

ChasePayn Member

I decided to put a wall paper on my psp and suddenly when I restart the psp the SONY screen no longer appears. I'm wondering if sony's ui screws up recovery manager because when I start it It still ahs that
    Toggle Usb
    Configuration -->
    When I selected COnfiguration its only a blue screen, the psp freezes? Is there any way to fix it? Would it hurt to reformat the mem stick?
    ***Note: Most of my games works all the emulators work, but some games such as Dungeon Siege and Ridge Racer 2 and Godfather Mob Wars And GTA LCS give me a gray screen saying this game cannot be started. This is after I reset my psp, Then I went to recovery mode to change the settings and a blue screen shows.***

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

if your psp were bricked, your psp wouldn't even turn on

3. ChasePayn

ChasePayn Member

Thats why there is something called semi bricked, I know it means it can't turn on. Lets call it something new "FRAGMENTED BRICK"

4. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

first i dont think that reformating the memory stick would help since recoverymode does not run on the memory stick. i think that you should downgrade to 1.50 and then upgrade to 303 OE-C or whatever firmware you prefer. that should clean up the problems. if you cant even get to be able to downgrade then i think that you will need to continue to ask and hope for a more experienced hacker. good luck and i hope that this helps.

EDIT: ps the blue screen of death is a screen that comes up when you start a game(i think) but it is all in japanese or something like that. so i dont think that your problem is that bad. again good luck

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  5. blizard31

blizard31 Member

I had exactly the same problem with the blue screen...

U HAVE TO USE A "FLASH1 FORMATTER"

google it

Mine did exactly the same problem wrt blue screen
    After I formatted flash1, it was all sorted..

3.40OEA hee ha