1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blue screen when 3200+ set to 200Mhz

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by sash1, May 30, 2007.

1. sash1

sash1 Member

I recently had to change my mother board due to my old one giving up. I have put in a Asrock K7VT4A Pro. I have put back my AMD 3200+ FSB 400
    along with my 2 sticks of 512K DDR400 PC3200 memory. both of which were on my previous mother board. All was working fine if a little unimpressive in games. then by chance I noticed that my system was saying that I had an AMD 1.1gig processor in. Well in my hurry to get my PC up and running I had not set my jumpers to the correct settings. I rectified this but still it was not correct. so I had to go in to my bios and turn up the processor to 200mhz. wow . it went like a train for about 5 mins then got blue screen and starting memory dump. So here is my problem. If I turn it down a smidge to say 198mhz it runs fine but reports my processor as a 2800+ What can I do to stop tis blue screen when set at 200mhz? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check for bios update.

3. Grayz

Grayz Member

You should try and check the voltage settings (if that motherboard lets you do so). Usually when the CPU's voltage is lower than it should (from what I know it should be 1.5v), the computer tends to reboot/show BSODs or even hang up, specially when on load.

Cheers

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Grayz, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP.
    1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text.

5. Grayz

Grayz Member

Sorry about that ddp... I got a bit careless, thanks for warning.