1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth accessories

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Galonvan, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Galonvan

Galonvan Member

My PS3 is currently in a different room than the screen I frequently play on. Since the controls and such communicate via bluetooth, this has never been a problem. I haven't gotten the headset and keyboard, but plan to, and shouldn't have a problem as they use bluetooth as well. What I'm wondering is if there is a bluetooth webcam available for the PS3 that anyone knows of, as I'd like to put one up, but it wouldn't be practical to run 50' of cable from where the PS3 is to my MBR.

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I know that they announced a PS3 "eyetoy" looking camera, but I haven't heard anything about it supporting bluetooth or anything like that...

3. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

most bluetooth Devices esp headsets only have the 10M link (and that's with no walls in the way) BT has 2 spec's 100M and 10M and that with no walls, if walls are in the way you can half that for every wall. 50' is over 10M I think it would be a lot better to bring your PS3 closer to where you TV is. else you going to have no end of problems

4. Galonvan

Galonvan Member

When I said 50', I was talking cable length running in the walls/ceiling. I'm physically about 30 ft from the PS3 with 1 wall in the way. I haven't had any problems with the remotes so far with the exception of the random cutting out I get about once every hour or so for a few seconds, which I've heard numberous other friends tell me they have the same problem with their PS3, and they are in the same room with it, 20 feet or less away.