1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluray disc ripper / copier / backup and convert to small video for USB pendrive

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by Mateo, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Mateo

Mateo Newbie

Hello,
    Im looking for a software to be able to copy my original movies to my computer is smaller size, so I want to have my movies in say my pendrive so I can get my Blu ray disc movies in smallest size.
    I want as small size as possible but preserving quality. Like a Bluray to DVD or so, i mean if possible the smallest size, but again with BD resolution or similar, say Full HD or HD ready, best than DVD.

I want that application software, for windows, be able to change resolution, to decrypt bluray disc protection as i want to rip my movies, if possible an all in one software, like say with one click to be able to decode, uncrypt, copy and convert to a small video file playable on my computer, smartphone and tablet

Is there any solution , commercially or not ?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

dvd fab hd decrypter can rip & is free as in no trial to rip,the rest is 30 day trial & can do what you require however i don't use it to convert as i require hands on so as to get specific quality for sd dvd's

slysoft.com software as follows all 3 are trial only 30 days:
    1-anydvd - ripper only
    2-clone dvd - editor for ripped files
    3-clone dvd mobile - converter to any format of already ripped files

vidcoder or handbrake - are converters & can only rip already ripped discs

to save money i'd rip with dvd fab as its always free to rip then use vidcoder or handbrake to do the conversion to most probably mkv.

read a few tuts in guides section here at afterdawn & over at videohelp.com,would pay to look over the forums & see which software for ripping & converting gets mentioned the most as round here a topic like this attracts a whole stack of bots then there'll be an influx of noobs signing up to post what software they have to peddle for you to waste money on

before converting a dvd to whatever portable format it would pay to cut a section out of the dvd say 3-5mins & convert that this will give you a sample of what the movie will look like rather than converting a full movie only to find it looks like crap

3. Mateo

Mateo Newbie

Thank Scorp, Today I see a tweet announcing MyBD at http://mybd.cinemartin.com/ that seems is a complete blu-ray decrypter and converter that converts blurays to h265 videos at very small size. Its free so i will try . What do you think about Scorpz ?

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Free trial is restricted to single core processing,resolution will not change
    DVDFAB & Slysoft have been around far longer.

i wouldn't buy it; contact to maker is by email only;if any company is not willing to provide a physical address & no phone number then i consider it a scam,if your product is good there should be no reason to hide behind just an email,also take another look at the limited format support it only does mp4 & mkv,now compare it to dvdfab or slysoft

5. Mateo

Mateo Newbie

Hi, STD is not a trial is a fully functionall. I dont like that they have no phone .. well address is published in their website, but .. for me to contact mybd, a direct email is good enought, I will try and give you some reports: I do not want to buy the pay version, but for me, if it does what they say is far enought, as it is free and from a reputable company

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

you are correct i somehow miss read,it is fully functional the downside is restrictions on compression etc,so you may find handbrake or vidcoder handy as they are free open source & well supported if you require smaller file sizes

7. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

CloneDVD will not work with Blu-ray it is a IFO tool only.

Handbrake is OK but you're better off with DVDFab or AnyDVDHD which you use to rip files to hard disk and then BD Rebuilder which I find to be the best of all. Rebuilder is free so you only need to buy AnyDVDHD or DVDFab Ripper if you prefer Fab tools.

There is another interesting note to consider, not all Blu-ray burners are the same and like old DVD ripping sometimes a player works better for ripping then a burner. For instance I just had a BD disc that I couldn't rip with AnyDVDHD and my LG BDXL it kept complaining about disc errors. I threw it in my Lappy with a Panasonic BDXL slim burner and it ripped just fine.

Hope that helps.

8. cindyci

cindyci Member

9. Nepheler

Nepheler Member

10. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

CloneBD is now being sold with AnyDVDHD and Clone you can do anything you need, very easy to use and you should n't need a guide to use it, simple and great.

11. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

Buy the Anydvdhd and CloneBD combo

12. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

last post was just over a year ago.

13. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

Most sites tell you to do a search for your subject before posting. Now when I do that , even if the post is necro, I get told the last post was a year ago. I knew that when I posted, just trying to follow rules.

14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

& the forum rules state that you are to start your own thread not hijack another member's thread with same or similar problem.