1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW 318 series (model 1993)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Schwaber, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

Hello everyone! Its me again, Schwaber. My brother recently thought of buying a second hand car that ranges between $5000-6000 Canadian dollars. We actually found a second hand BMW 318 series model 1993 on the internet and its worth $5900. Now, Am thinking. Is this particular model worth buying? According on the internet, here are the features of the car:

-excellent condition
    -185,000km millage
    -4 cylinder (which is very good for fuel economy)
    -4 door
    -manual (really liked this feature)
    -front wheel drive

The only thing that holds me back is the BMW parts. I mean if this car brakes down , the repairing of it is very costly. Considering the BMW parts.

So, if you people were in my shoes, would you rather buy it, or have second hand japanese cars(Honda, Nissan, Mazda, etc) that cost about $7000-9000 Canadian dollars?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Schwaber, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP.
    2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Schwaber, next time read my post carefully as you will notice the 50k is in red which is meant to stand out from the rest of the post. your dimensions is alright but your kilobytes is to high as yours is 73,186 but forum specs is 50k so edit it ASAP.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

unless you're a collector or restorer and have a good deal of money on hand, there's no reason to buy anything but a brand new german car. and even then, the new cars can have problems. yes, they are awesome machines, but as you said, repairs are costly.

if you're looking for cheap to repair, cheap to run, and reliable, then look into used toyotas, subarus, hondas, and other such cars with great warranties from the factory. if you're looking for something fast, then you need to have a second, reliable car at easy access and/or lots of money to throw in when something goes wrong.