1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

{bold]DVD+R{bold}

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by maggieont, Mar 5, 2005.

1. maggieont

maggieont Guest

Sorry, call me lazy but after reading 50 entries, I got tired and thought I would start a new one. I am a very frustrated dvd burner. I Have a new laptop, a Compaq HP. It works great for the most part. Can burn dvd's using the software dvd shrink and dvd encrptor. My laptop can use both dvd+r and dvd+rw, so the documentation says. But when I try to use the dvd+r the drive sees a full disc. I am not sure if it is because I am using a generic brand or not. I tried burning it. Came up like nothing wrong..but when I played..there was nothing there. Do you need to end it after recording? Would appreciate the input of the group. Thank you in advance

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

Save yorself the hassle and give clonedvd a try. If you are like me and don't like the added fuss of using different programs run anydvd in the background. This will remove the encryption while you copy. There is a free trial version available for both here.
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

3. maggieont

maggieont Guest

thank you ozy for your response. I will try the software you suggeted. But will this problem help me with using dvd+r? It is much cheaper for these and wouldn't haveto worry about loosing the data bye mistake..
    Look forward to your response on this.

Maggie

4. ozy

ozy Regular member

Go to the manufacturers website of the drive and look for a firmware update for that model. They should show a bug report as to why they released the firmware. Otherwise try using different brand media.

Note: be very carefull when upgrading firmware. a mistake here can cause the drive to become non functional.