1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]DVD-R or DVD+R????[/bold]

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MaTay, Oct 25, 2004.

1. MaTay

MaTay Member

I've got this weird prob... for a month ago i bought a v9 PS2, with the swap discs and slide-card... i then bought from wesellcd.com 10x verbatim dvd-r printable 4x compatible.... i then burnt the games, but with no success... i then bought 10x verbatim dvd+r printable 4x compatible, and voila! they worked!

But that's not the problem.... i pre-ordered a copy of GTA5, and downloaded the game first, i burnt it first on the +R, but the loading was slow and bad... then i burnt it on a -R, and it works perfectly!!

So the prob is: How come the -R didnt work before, but the +R did, and now it's opposite... why? I need a good reason... and it would help if (i know this has been asked alot in the forum) you could tell me which dvd media is the best; +R or -R, and what brand...

Thnx in advance...

2. loidzzz

loidzzz Member

dvd+rs work for me fine.
    just some have the worst loading time
    EVER!

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

verbatim use different manufactures to produce there discs get yourself a program called dvd infopro(free download) to find out who actualy made the discs, personaly i use ritek g04 dvd-r discs and these perform very well in my v7 and v4 ps2 and also in my mates v9

4. MaTay

MaTay Member

thx alot dude :D