1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold] DVD Studio pro & IDVD will not recognize my burner??

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by FPJ, Jan 16, 2005.

1. FPJ

FPJ Guest

I'm having some massive problems here... My DVD burner is brand new, and was just installed, I can burn with Toast Titanium (but there's also problems there - see related Post http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/148115 -) but when using IDVD it won;t burn, I just get stuck waiting for hours on step 4 that is the burning process, it has a status bar that never shows any status....?? Then when I try burning with DVD studio pro 2 I have a similar problem....? Has anybody ever had this problem>??? and how did you solve it.??

Please Help!!

2. xaosai

xaosai Member

I had a similar problem with my new lacie. I could use toast but other progs acted weird. I found a driver for it on the lacie site (it didn't come with the machine) that fixed everything. Some applications need to be told how to interface w/the drive to recognize it or burn properly. Hope this helps.

3. FPJ

FPJ Guest

Really~!? IS there anyway you can direct me to a link for the driver?

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Apple makes THEIR software only like to communicate with Apple "super" drives. Toast or other apps should work fine. If you can do a disc image with iDVD or "build" the dvd, then you can use toast to burn the disc instead. Otherwise you'd have to find a flash to make the disc be recognized.

5. xaosai

xaosai Member

I looked for it again, but couldn't find it quickly. I didn't find the link on the lacie site (typical). I found it on a forum in spanish, but the driver IS on the site somewhere. Im assuming you have the same lacie d2 driver. Otherwise, you'll want to look for your particular model. Good luck.