1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]HELP WITH BURNING PROBLEMS[/bold]

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by LilLucky, Feb 5, 2005.

1. LilLucky

LilLucky Member

i was burning fine with my previous dvd-r...but after buying another brand, my dvds doesn't burn anymore. I heard people say updating the firmware may help... I want to know if any firmware is fine or there must be a SPECIFIC one because it say this on a website "These pages are only for advanced users. Bad flashing could destroy your drive definitively. Read carefully the installation notes of your firmware before you upgrade. The Firmware Page and the drive manufacturer can't be responsable on REMEMBER: This is at your own risk!!!!" My dvd burner is BENQ DW822A 8X Dual, there are 8 different updates but i don't know which one should i use "B3EC, B3HC, B3IC, B3JC, B3JCY, B3KC, B3LC, B3LC-2(new)". I want to know which one should i use and updating the firmware does it have problems with other dvds if i use the previous ones again, thank you

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

u shud get the latest one, but also find out what u got now, and dload that as well just in case. but really if you're not sure what you're doin, then don't, or u cud break ure burner

Rich

3. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

When updating firmware I usually only recommend using firmware from your drive manufacturer's website. Also, it's possible that your new drive just doesn't like the media you were using with your old drive. We would like to think that all discs and drives are created equally, but unfortunately that's not true. Some discs work better in certain drives than others.