1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]LEC uncorrectable error[/bold]

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by evitagen, Oct 26, 2005.

1. evitagen

evitagen Member

Hi guys, im new to this forum but not to burning and ripping dvd's. I just bought a dvd "opera" by dario argento and i wanted to make a backup of it.
    About half way i get an error that says 0X02 check condition and L-EC uncorrectable error. The disc has been cleaned and the dvd burner (plextor 716a) has had a recent upgrade in firmware. I have never encountered this error before and i'm wondering if its because of an encrytption. I have tried ripping it with dvd decrypter (newest version) in both iso and file modes and shrinking it but it wont even decrypt all the way. I also tried using dvd shrink (latest version) and dvd43 and without dvd43 and the same problem persists. I dont know what to do, and i dont want to run the chance of this dvd getting scratched and whatnot.

thank you all in advance

stacey

2. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

If you get past 50% I would say it is not the encryption that is giving you problems but the disc itself. I would try a different disc if possible and see what happens.