1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]Problem with burning torrent movie[bold]

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by newbie321, Mar 6, 2005.

1. newbie321

newbie321 Member

i just got into downloading torrents so i don't know too much about them. I have figured out how to extract the files and such with WINWARR. I just downloaded the movie Saw and it's file name reads this---gzp-sawuncut. The torrents file's name is Saw.2004.UNCUT.DVDRip.XviD-GZP (if that helps) I have several DVD programs such as Windows Media Player, Sonic DVD, Nero Start Smart, and Instant CD+DVD. Windows Media player is the only program which will even import and play the movie. But when I try to burn it with any program, there is always some kind of error (unsuported file format and others) . The movie on Windows media player works fine. But no program will let me burn it to my DVD rewritable, my comp does have a dvd burner. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could do. Thanks.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

gzp-sawuncut what is the extension at the end of that file? We need to know what format the media is in (mpeg,divX,avi,wmv,vob ect..)

3. newbie321

newbie321 Member

I'm not too clear on where to find the file extensions. My bad. Do you know where I could figrue what kind of extension it is?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah browse to were the file is and then click on "Tools" then select "Folder Options" Then under the "View" tab un check the box that says "Hide File Extensions of known file types" click apply and close. Now you should see all you extensions

5. newbie321

newbie321 Member

Oh ok thankx i see now
    Its AVI

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member