1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]Sonic Recordnow Dx-PS2 Backup[/bold]

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 4u2c, May 20, 2004.

1. 4u2c

4u2c Member

I am new to this site, and need to know, what the problem can be with My SonicRecordnow Dx software that i am using to make backups of my kids PS2 games that i am too afraid they might damage it as i have lost 3 Originals already due to mishandle.The software reads the disc 100%,but when it needs to write the image back to the blank dvd-r,it stops at 87%.(Error message-files do not compare to your original files)
    Thanxs

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

what brand of media are you using?
    what speed did you write at?
    did you use the disc to disc copy or create a global image and then burn back?
    what writer are you using?

3. 4u2c

4u2c Member

Devilhunt,thanxs for your reply.

First of all, the media that i use,is verbatim>dvd-r 4.7gb.I just clicked on (make exact disc),using the recordnow software that came with my Lite-on-it dual dvd writer.I tried again lastnight South African time, using dvd decrypter,did the read and write and all following the guides i picked up here at afterdawn.Now i am sitting with an iso image and an mds one.I used the iso image to make the backup to my blank disc, now ps2 only loads the sony playstaion logo at startup, and never goes further than that.Plse help!!!

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

so you got your image burnt to dvdr disc what method do you use to boot your games mod chip/swapmagic etc also what game is it your trying to backup