1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]SURVEY[/bold] - TV/Video input adapter card

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by jmcole, Aug 16, 2004.

1. jmcole

jmcole Regular member

What would be the cheapest, most efficient card for me to purchase? I want to "capture" some television shows.

Pentium 4 Processor
    1.3 GHz
    640 MB RDRAM
    20 GB hard drive (primary)
    80 GB hard drive (secondary)
    Windows XP Pro
    Nero 6 Ultra Edition (for all of my DVD needs)

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

There is a Big differance between cheap and Good...
    You could Get a Cheap one on E-Bay for under $25 but it would be a very good device....
    I suggest something like "PixelView PlayTV Pro" or some other Tuner Card that has a 10 Bit decoder Chip..

You should also know that if you want to Real Time Full DVD Resolution Mpeg2 Capture your CPU is a Little Slow so with many programs you will not be able to capture Full resolution and Full quality mpeg2 with your 1.3ghz CPU....You generally need About 2.0ghz for full resolution mpe2/dvd capture with most programs...

You could avoid this By getting a Capture device that has Built in Hardware Mpeg encodeing Like something like the "ADS Instant DVD" which I have heard is an OK Capture device....

Cheers

3. jmcole

jmcole Regular member

Thanks Minion, I hate buying anything that I will regret later.