1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold] VDUB is turning my AVI files [i]pink[/i]

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Krash, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Krash

Krash Guest

I have downloaded some movies and tried to burn them onto VCD's. With help from Dela (Star!) and one or two others, I managed to solve some problems and have a near perfect SVCD of Two Towers (albeit on 6 discs!)

I tried some others and have started getting a weird problem.

I download the divx.avi file. I run this through virtual dub to ensure the audio is in synch and then encode it using TMPGenc to turn it into MPEG2. Then I split the MPEG and burn to SVCD using Nero.

I have just noticed that on some movies, I get a big build up of pink on the screen that kind of fades up, reaches maximum and then disappears. This happens throughout the movie.

The problem appears to be being caused by Virtualdub. I say this because I have noticed that when I am encoding using TMPGenc, I can see the pink in the framed image.

Is there anyway to fix this? I found one thread about changing codecs but it didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense and wasn't completely relevant.

Please help if you can (My kids keep asking me why I made Dobby the House elf Pink!)

Thanx

Krash

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Uninstall the Angelpotion Codec! It should be listed if you go to the control panel - add/remove programs!

3. Krash

Krash Guest

Thanks Dela,

Will give this a try and let you know!

Krash

4. Dela

That has fixed the problem for a lot of people anyway, including me!!

5. Krash

Krash Guest

Hmmmmmm.......

Could not find the Angelpotion codec but a bit of web research indicated it was an MPEG4 codec so I have removed this and am converting at the moment.

So far so good!

Watch this space!!

Krash

6. Dela

Well the angel potion mpeg-4 codec ye, just make sure you dont get rid of a normal mpeg-4 codec or you might not be able to view your divx files!

7. Krash

Krash Guest

Yeah, found that one out to my cost this afternoon!!!!!

I have cracked the pink picture thing (thanks for your help on that one, by the way)

I have a problem now splitting the MPEGs so that they fit onto a CD.

I have been using DVtool to split them but have found out that it corrupts the file after the split (so if you like, disc 1 is fine but disc 2 the sound is out of synch).

Any tips on the best way to split MPEGs cleanly. I think it can be done in TMPGEnc but can't work out how.

Krash

8. Dela

In TMPGEnc, click file - mpeg tools. Click the Merge And Cut Tab. click add add in the file. change file type to VideoCD if needed. Select the file and click edit you can now use the "{" and"}" buttons to make a selection to save so select probably the first half click ok. then type where you want the output mpg file to be saved and click run! Do this for the other half aswell