1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot CD (multi-elf) and FTP Question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by domino82, Apr 10, 2005.

1. domino82

domino82 Member

I'm a modding noob, but I've done my homework. Call me dumb or whatever, but I just can't seem to resolve a few issues.

Here's my gear:
    PS2 with DMS4 EZI Lite
    120 GB Maxtor HDD
    Network/Modem adaptor
    (all functional)
    Toxic Bios 1.3

I'm able to boot backups fine (even on DVD+R media burned at 4X believe it or not), but here's my problem:

I can't seem to find instructions on creating a boot CD. I read a lot about ELFs, understand that you need LaunchELF to use them, etc. but I can't find a simple step-by-step guide on creating a boot CD to launch a number of ELFs and achieve what I'm looking to do...

The closest I've found is Stinky's CD. Stinky's is okay but his launcher gives an error when trying to save LaunchELF settings to MC (good MC, plenty of space) and when I launch FAPlink from his CD the screen scrolls vertically very fast and I'm unclear into what directory I should put ipconfig.dat.

[bold]This is what I want to be able to do:[/bold]
    1) Run backups (I can already do this)

2) Make a bootdisc that allows me to backup to HDD (using HDLoader/Advance) and saves my settings to MC (can sort of do this with Stinky's except for the MC part)

3) On that bootdisk, have a copy of whichever ELF best allows me to FTP an ISO image to my PS2 HDD for play with HDLoader, with an explanation of how to FTP the system.

4) Hopefully, using either methods 2 or 3, be able to finally backup and play GT4 and GoW from HDD. (I can use DVD Decrypter to get an ISO for GT4, and want to upload it to PS2 via FTP. And I believe there's a patch out there to allow HDLoader to work with GoW.)

I hope this makes sense to somebody and I hope they can give me a step-by-step on how to create such a CD (keep in mind I'm a noob).

*sits back and prays for no flames*

2. domino82

domino82 Member

bump for an answer...

3. xrm454

xrm454 Guest

im more of a dumb ass than you cant evn get that boot cd to boot only get insert disk screen

4. lvenegas

lvenegas Member

Hey, when the screen scroll i´ve pushed different buttons until it stop and then everything went fine. I FTPed frommy pc and ISO and the play it with Stinkys HDLoader. It works fine after all.

5. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

you can add ANY .elf you want to the cd and use those as well. If you find a FTP client you like better then go ahead and use that. I have never used or even ran that app on my ps2 so I dont know what it does. I just took other users opinions on it and picked the most popular app.

About the saving problem. I added a section in the readme for launchelf that explains how to allow it to save. If you read through it as you do it on the ps2 it will be VERY simple to you.

Also there are currently only 2 programs that will transfer the iso of GT4 to your hdd and allow it to run with my patched version of hdloader. You MUST use one of those 2 programs. I included winhiip because of its ease of use. But you MUST plug the hdd into your pc. Trust me it is MUCH faster that way anyway. Even after you include the time to open the PC, reboot and install the game. Plus then it will FOR SURE work.

You can post in here or pm me any more questions. But I am sure if you just get the latest version of my disk it will have all the documentation that you need to get it done.

With over 5000 hits to my site in 3 weeks now and only a handful of people with problems I would say its working pretty good.

Too bad somebody cant make a full time job out of homebrew apps for the ps2.