1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot cd

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gpasby, Feb 20, 2005.

1. gpasby

gpasby Member

I am new 2 this board. what i would like to know is there anyway you can make your own boot cd r is there one on the net were u can download and burn it on a cd

2. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2005
  3. gpasby

gpasby Member

will this allow me 2 play copied games and import games on me ps2. also how do u burn it on a cd. am not to sure wat to o with iso and all that

4. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

sounds like you didnt read the page I sent you to.

There is NO magic "boot cd" that will allow you to play backups. Unless you are talking about swap magic. but you have to BUY that one, couse without a modchip your ps2 wont even try to read a copied disc.

5. gpasby

gpasby Member

is there no way i can download swap magic?

6. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

you know, I am going to try and be pantient with this kind of questions, but if I sound a little ticked off its because I am!

Currently your PS2 does NOT play copied games, right! So you need a swap magic disc to allow you to play those! right? yeah right!!!!!

Now explain to me how it is that you think you CAN NOT play backups (burned copies) of games on your ps2, but for some reason you will be able to boot a BACKUP (burned copy) of a Swap magic disc and MAGICALLY have the PS2 boot that!!!???????

Seems to me that if your PS2 will play a burned copy of the swap magic disc that you would NOT ACTUALLY need the SM disc in the first place!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2005
  7. gpasby

gpasby Member

ok. i understand. sorry

8. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

now to answer your question:

You can buy the SM disc and a slide tool, or your can get a cheap direct boot mod chip. Around here both items will cost about the same. SO it comes down to if you want to break the warranty seal on your PS2 or not.

9. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

double post

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2005
  10. odai

odai Member

ok..then what is your boot cd for...lol

11. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

go to the link above and it will tell you