1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot HDLoader without CD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jason001, Nov 11, 2004.

1. jason001

jason001 Member

Hey guys,
    I have a an orignal hdloader, hdd, network card and hdloader works great. The whole idea of getting hdloader was so that the kids won't have to handle the cd's (games) again. Young kids scratching them etc.
    The thing is that in order to run hdloader u need to use the cd, which i'm afraid that soon it will get handled wrong (get damaged) and i will be unable to purchase a new one.
    1)Is there there any way of booting hdloader straight from a memory card without the use of a psx game (to boot it)
    2)Can i get the hdloader software on a memory card
    3)Is it possible to turn on the ps2 and it go staright to the hd without the use of the hdloader cd or even mem card.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Not possible mate.

3. sniperbv2

sniperbv2 Member

i have a question, do u live in the us?
    do u know whether ntsc and pal network adapters are the same caus i want to install a hard drive but im n ot sure whether i can with the pal version

4. satanlimb

satanlimb Member

Jason,
    If you have a DMS or Infinity modchip, you can load HDLoader from the memory card. See http://www.eurasia.nu/ for details and relevant downloads. Without these chips, no...

5. mesh

mesh Member

hey, go to wal-mart or a music store and buy these things called d-skin. I use them on my hdloader disc. They are a snap on protector you leave on the disc when you load and play it. It take a second longer for the laser to read, but other than that they are great. They use laser transparent plastic to coat the read side of the disc so you cant scratch or dirty the disc. If the dskin get messed up, you just throw it away and put a new one on and go.