1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot programs in xboxhdm?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by stevexbox, Jun 21, 2007.

1. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

I burn xboxhdm to a cd, my cd burner is on slave, my xbox hard drive is on master IDE. I boot the cd, but can i get other programs like hdunlock and hddisabl other programs? Do i have to burn another cd with the programs on it? If so, how would i run it? once i get to the main menu,after "BOOT:" would i type in hdunlock to run the program? Where should i burn the programs?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

What's wrong with the programs that come with it?

3. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

I dont have my eeprom, my xbox is working though, i dont have a dead motherboard. I read that with hdunlock and hddisabl, you can unlock the hdd without the eeprom, just use LiveInfo and get the "calculated Password" for the hdd. I then try to boot xboxhdm from cd. I had hdunlock and hddisabl on a memorystick which i also inserted.I ran hdunlock first, entered password and it said it was done. i then try to run hddisabl, but it said it could not find it or bad filename. I then realized, that the hdunlock was already on the xboxhdm cd so it did not boot from memory stick, though i needed hddisabl to disable the security on the hdd.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Whatever you are trying to sounds insane! You need that eeprom to stay intact. If you disable it, your Xbox WILL die!

5. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

My eeprom is on the motherboard, although i dont want to risk taking it oout of the motherboard.
    I heard that there are modchips with the right BIOS to boot past the eeprom check on the hard drive.If its true, i could then fix my xbox.
    If the eeprom check is disabled, then it wouldnt check to see if the hard drive was unlocked, right?
    Anyway, how would i boot the two programs from memory stick?
    Do i need to make it into a DOS bootable stick?

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Ok, back up for a second. Why are you trying to get the eeprom? You NEVER need to remove the chip. There are many simple softwares that will backup the eeprom and then you can FTP into your Xbox and get it...

7. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

My xbox wont boot up to the dashboard, only dashboard error 16.
    It cant play games or anything.
    I cant ftp.
    I might have to get a modchip that boots past eeprom check or get a eeprom reader to get the hdd key for the hdd which i will lock it with so it can recognize the hdd and boot to the dashboard that i will get.