1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot w/legit Play w/ripped

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Reaperc89, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Reaperc89

Reaperc89 Member

Ive got a bad copy of GTA:Vice city(legitimate) and when i play i get many many disk read errors. I was wondering if its possible to start vice city using the legit copy of the game and switch it with a burnt copy after the game is running?

2. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

Well from the sounds of it, i don't believe it can. First, do you have a flip top? if not then definatley no. Secondly, if you try to open the flip top when the game is running it may break the info stream and cause the game to die. Thirdly if that could be done then people really wouldn't need to purchase the Swap Magic discs, they'd just have to clean it up enough to allow the game to boot and then swap it. So in my opinion i really don't think it's possible.

3. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

yes, if your original can at least boot to the rockstar logo its possible.
    you need to swap for the backup at the rockstar logo using a slidecard while the disc is spinning. And you have to do it within 10seconds max.
    In my opinion swap magic is the easier option since the disc stops and swapping is easy as pie.