1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bootcamp resize

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by str8jacket, Dec 26, 2012.

1. str8jacket

str8jacket Member

I installed bootcamp on my imac. I found i needed more room for my windows 7.

I deleted bootcamp partition on mac side and set new partition - mac 500 gb, and windows - 475 gb. I reloaded win 7, went to my computer, and it said C ( bootcamp) 455 gb, Mac - 480gb, That was great.

I re-imaged from a saved image, everything came back working perfectly. I went to " my computer " and C drive says 141 gb, ( exactly where it was before i re-partitioned). Mac - 475 gb. Where did the other 375 gb go on windows side?

Can't find it in windows, but i go back into Mac, and disc utility has it as Mac - 500gb, windows 475 gb.

The total gigs are estimates ( but within a few ). I know others have had this problem, but really having a hard time finding a solution that fits my prob to a tee.

I tried it with Winclone, same results.

I also downloaded gparted live, ran it, and it recognizes the the 2 drives. Mac - 477 gig, windows 463 gig, but windows still seeing 141 gig.

Running snow leopard 10.6.6, intel i5, 8gb ram

I am hoping someone here may have had this prob before. Thanks.

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

your problem is your running snow leopard and boot camp for snow leopard is designed for windows vista and windows xp not windows 7