1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

booting dvdr backups with gameshark 2 version 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by M3gaMan, May 9, 2003.

1. M3gaMan

M3gaMan Member

The gameshark 2 ver2 will boot ps2 dvd-r backups. I know this because i've done it before. Well heres how it works.
    1) load up the gameshark normally.
    2) once you get to the main menu press eject and insert an origial dvd game.(big in size)preferably. then press eject again.
    3) now click the second opion. (the "CODES" button)
    4) in here just select any game, but heres the essential part. (turn on some codes or turn some codes off)it doesn't matter.
    4) press start to go to the main menu
    5) Select to start game w/out cheats
    6) after pressing this a screen will come up saying "Updating codes directory" or something like that (remembering from memory)
    7) at this moment the original dvd will have stop spinning, here you have about 10 seconds to swap the original with the backup.
    8) After the gameshark finishes updating the directory the game will load. *hopefully =p
    8) works for either non-solder modchip or knift trick

-done with a version 5 ps2 using GTA:Vice City original/ tested with no-solder mod and also the knift trick.

note: ps2 version 7 (scph-39001) doesn't work with the gameshark

2. jowook

jowook Member

Swap Magic works with V7? I am gonna order swap magic and flip-top case....

3. M3gaMan

M3gaMan Member

yeah the swap magic works with V7.

4. Chelica

Chelica Member

What M3gaMan is saying is true. That is the only way to boot with the No Solder Modchip using Gameshark 2. A lot of sites are telling you to boot it in a totally bogus way, and some even say that you can not use the Gameshark, and must buy a Swap Disk. Forget the Swap disk if you are into using Gameshark codes like me and have an original game that has a huge TOC size. For the TOC, I am using Final Fantasy X. And by the way, I have tested my backup Vice City with the Gameshark 2 v1.9 and No Solder Modchip V4 with the Money and Health Gameshark codes. Sweet.