1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booting DVDrs

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Janu5, May 8, 2003.

1. Janu5

Janu5 Member

Hi guys. I have a question about booting dvdr's . I used the search to try and answer my questions but i'm not completely up to speed on the whole ps2 scene, so bear with me.

I was having problems booting a dvd copy of The Getaway (burned on an 8x mitsui disk, blue back) i was getting the DRE screen even though in the browser the ps2 recognized it as a ps2 disk. I did the azimuth adjustment and i managed to get it to work (unreliably though).

I am able to boot original ps2 dvds as well as cdrs, dvdr's pose the only problem (it seems that way for alot of people)

heres what i have: A first generation ps2(V1 or 2, not sure which). I also have a magic 3.1 (install is verified to be correct, each connection was tested).

My question is, what else can i feasibly do to help my ps2 to boot dvdrs reliably?

Thanks in advance,
    janu5

2. psx245

psx245 Regular member

you can get a slide card(non-installation way to play backups it works on almost all backup games. http://www.slide-card.com