1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

booting dvdrw on a modded ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rozzersuz, Jan 8, 2005.

1. rozzersuz

rozzersuz Member

Right I have a v10 ps2 with a duo mod chip and I tried booting a dvdrw on it and well it doesn’t work I wasn’t surprised but it boots on a friend of mine's ps2 he is using the swap magic 3.3 with a v5 ps2. So I was thinking if it works on his maybe I could get something for mine for in between the dvdrw a loader or something of the sort. Was just wondering could it be done and has any1 else done or know anything on the subject.

2. rozzersuz

rozzersuz Member

3. ducatis

ducatis Guest

i have a messiah and havent yet tried a dvd-rw(only installed 2 nights ago), maybe its the media or the burn speed.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

rw is very bad for your laser.

5. rozzersuz

rozzersuz Member

im sure its nothing to do with the speed or the media for it works fine on my friends swap magic but fails to load on my modded ps2.

6. ducatis

ducatis Guest

maybe your mod isnt compatable with dvdrw. ive heard of this before but im not sure if its true. also where the mod bites into the laser trackes, check there for any bridges.

7. ducatis

ducatis Guest

i found a pic that you should check. make shure that there is a wire where the pic indicates. if there isnt thats why u cant play dvdrw

[​IMG]

8. rozzersuz

rozzersuz Member

cant see any picture.

9. ducatis

ducatis Guest