1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

booting ELF files

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Acroneous, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Acroneous

Acroneous Guest

hey everyone, i hava a ps2 with a dms3 modchip, and i was wondering how i can boot up discs. when i download an app for ps2, such as hd loader etc. it just gives me an ELF file, WHAT THE HELL am i supposed to do with it, i checked out some tutorials but found nothing useful. so, can someone plz help me out here with a detailed explanation. thx in advance

2. jasaund

jasaund Guest

you can't boot an elf file. You have to use a program called naplink and a special cable, as far as I know, to talk to your ps2 and upload the elf to the modchip. You can however boot bin and cue files, for bios updating. Again, as far as I know.

3. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

I dont have a Modchip myself but since you have one you should be able to make an exploit cd and install HDloader and all kinds of other ELFs on your memory card. Here http://www.exploitstation.com/ they have a video tutorial that tells you how. It doesn't get better then that. :)

4. Acroneous

Acroneous Guest

thx, i'll check it out

5. Acroneous

Acroneous Guest

and now that u mention it, i also have a ps2 HDD(hitachi), a network adapter and hd loader. do any of these make booting ELFs easier??

6. gl2eddy

gl2eddy Guest

nah..

cause all the stuff is on ur memory card

7. Xmonkey

Xmonkey Guest

elf (executable loading file) is a file that will load on ur ps2 u need a boot elf to boot the elf try searching boot elf

8. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member