1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booting from F: not working & need large HDD support

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by insaneiam, Jan 28, 2005.

1. insaneiam

insaneiam Member

orginally posted in the hardware boot forum, but thought it would be better here

Please help ... I've read up and attempted to patch the Evox M8 with the EVTool so that I can support my 250GB Maxtor Hard Drive, but I haven't seen any results.

Also, I can't understand how to install everything to the F partition using Slayers v2.6. When I do install it to F instead of C, the system will only boot to the Xbox Dashboard instead of the Evox Dash. Everything works fine if I install to C (except for the Large HDD support only showing 120GB).

I would like to install and boot from the F partition when the mod chip is enabled, and the C (orginal Xbox Dashboard) when the mod is disabled. (I think this is how it's supposed to work, anyway.) I would also like to support the full 250GB HDD.

Thanks in advance! I'm pulling my hair out here. he he he

Oh, I forgot to mention, I have an Xecuter 3 chip with solderless adapter on a version 1.0 or 1.1 Xbox (can't recall which it was).

2. insaneiam

insaneiam Member

Okay ... sorry to double-post, but I can update this thread...

I figured out that selecting the New/Large HDD in the Slayer's Auto-Installer only formats F to the non-LBA limit. However, now that I got my BIOS restored, I was able to format within the X3 build 1959 BIOS, which game me the full partition size of the hard drive. Now when I install apps/evox within Slayer's, the full F partition is 226GB or more. So, that problem is fixed.

HOWEVER, I still have the boot problem. Within the 1959 BIOS, I enabled the "Dashboard Boot Drive" to be the F partition. I also changed the "Dashboard Boot Priority" to have "evoxdash.xbe" first, with "xboxdash.xbe" last in the order. I then opened Slayer's, and installed the Xbox Dashboard to C, and Evox/Apps to F. Booting while disabling the MOD will boot to the normal Dashboard, but enabling the X3 MOD will now take me back to the X3 build 1959 utility screen. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??? Note that I have none of the 4 toggle switches on except "Flash Protect" when trying to boot (swithes 1 & 2 were used to flash 1959).

Thanks again!!!

3. insaneiam

insaneiam Member

Okay... I suck, and figured out the problem. I had the "Autostart X3 Config Live" enabled .... so after disabling, everything works great!!!! Also had to figure out how to get back to the X3 Config .... holding white button on bootup.