1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booting From Memory Card Without Using PSOne Games.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Urine, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Urine

Urine Member

Hi,
    Ive been readling alot of tutorials and guides on these forums, but i could not find what i was looking for.

I have already been able to set up a FTP server and HDLD server on my PS2 following various guides, but what i want to do now is boot various ELF files from a memory card.
    The problem is every guide i looked at so far requires me to use a 'Trigger Disk' such as a PSOne game, but my PS2 is a few years old and gets a 'Disc Read Error' everytime i put in a CD based disc. This goes for PSOne games, Music Disc's and Max Replay.

So my question is; Is there any way i can boot from my memory card without using a cd disk?

2. SNAK3MAN

SNAK3MAN Member

i dont know the answer to your question sorry but could u tell me where i could download hdadvance? And yes my ps2 is modded

3. Urine

Urine Member

4. SNAK3MAN

SNAK3MAN Member

Yeah i got my copy of hdloader from a store near my house that sells boot leg games so i decided to get it there instead of over the internet but i also want to get hd advance

5. starcrud

starcrud Member

Yes finally someone who has a similar problem as I do. I don't know if I could boot thru memcard without having to swap and slide stuff because my ps2 is modded. I just wanna save laser lens :( If mc expoit is useless to modded ps2 owners I promise to shut up about it completely.

6. clouser

clouser Guest

SNAK3MAN what town are you in and whats the name of this store i would like to buy the hdloader to or get the mem card exploite.

7. SNAK3MAN

SNAK3MAN Member

I live in toronto Canada the name of the store is brighter minds