1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booting games from shared drive over network?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Nuke420, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Nuke420

Nuke420 Guest

Hi all... First time posting here, but I've searched google for hours, and I can't find anything about a way access a shared HD over a network. I have a brand new PStwo slim with a DUO 3 Ultra chip. I was just wondering if through the ethernet home network if I could run games or other things from a shared drive. You would think with all the other ways u can run things off internal HDs, USB HDs, memory cards, there would be some way of doing this.

Thanks

-N4

2. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

Im not sure if it is possible to do this as of now, but even if it were possible the game would lag horribly. Sorry dude but as of now I dont think its possible playing a stable game over an ethernet network. But dont just take my opinion for it, you might wanna wait to see if any1 else has a say in this.

3. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

not possible. there is no program to run ps2 iso's from the computer. you can only transfer them to a usb hdd.

playing games from a usb hdd will have horrible lag because the ps2 uses old usb1.1. but it's your only choice, seeing you have a new slimline.

4. Nuke420

Nuke420 Guest

Thank you for the fast reply. That sucks it's old USB. Guess I'll just stock up on more blank discs. :( Thanks again.

-N4