1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booting problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by MagicMan, Sep 7, 2003.

1. MagicMan

MagicMan Member

I just installed a magic 3.1 in my V6 P2. on trying to boot it said no data please insert a ps2 disk? sometimes it boots sometimes it doesn't. This is on a reg ps2 cd and reg ps2 dvd I dont have any backups yet. The only thing I can see is that pin 1 and pin 2 on the bios(first pin and jumper P) reads around 1781 ohms is that right or is there not saposed to be any reading?
    I used 30awg wire on the chip and 24 everywhere else....Any help would be aprecated. Any other sites of recemended for the subject.
    Thanks

Last edited: Sep 9, 2003
  2. MagicMan

MagicMan Member

Anyone?

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

How are you trying to boot it?

Have you tried the following:

Operation:

For PS2 games, power up normally from STANDBY with RESET button. A single tap is required.

For PS1 games & DVD Movies, power up from STANDBY with RESET button held until the blue EJECT light comes on; then release RESET and the disk will boot.

Turn off the PS2 (to standby) before changing Mode (PS1/PS2/DVD)
    Sleep Mode (Press and HOLD Reset fron STANDBY until Browser screen appears)

Also have you checked/double checked ALL the connections around the Bios, misplaced wires/dry joints can cause failures.....

4. MagicMan

MagicMan Member

Yes that is the way I am booting. I will look again at the joints with a meter thanks for the reply