1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booting Problems (Help a newbie day )- Please

Discussion in 'PS2' started by YamUfip, Dec 8, 2003.

1. YamUfip

YamUfip Guest

Hi, I am new at this game. I have one of the earliest ps2 chips, a Mod Chip I think. I made a backup of a game which was fine but when I came to boot the game using Action Replay it did not boot. Can anybody give me remedies please or tell me what I'm doing wrong.

2. DiskBoy

DiskBoy Guest

Need more details. What version of PS2 do you have? What game did you back up? What software did you use? What type of disks are you burning to (DVD-R, DVD+R...Fujifilm, Memorex,,,etc, etc,)What kind of burner do yo have? What version of Action Replay? Did you read the tutorials in this forum? Also, try to find out exactly what modchip you have?

3. YamUfip

YamUfip Guest

Hi, I think it could be the Modchip 2.2 (is there such a thing). I am using a phillips dvd rw + with Packard Bell dvd +rw's. The game I was trying to backup was splinter cell with Nero 5. Thanks for your interest.

4. YamUfip

YamUfip Guest

p.s. It is the action replay v2 I have.

5. WEStar

WEStar Active member

the problem could be that you burned it on a DVD+R. Most older ps2s don't read +r, also, the problem could be that the original dvd game you use to swap has a smaller TOC than splinter cell. Also, when it comes to action replay I know that V1.7 is the best to have to boot backups not sure how good the v2.0 is.

6. DiskBoy

DiskBoy Guest

I concur. Find out what version PS2 you have, (http://www.modchipstore.com/customer/pages.php?pageid=34 )Anything less than Version 4 needs DVD-R disks. If you have a v4 or later, I suggest getting swap magic disks to boot, they seem to be so much easier than the AR and Gameshark methods. Also, Splinter Cell needs the additional CD LOader swap http://www.swapmagicfix.com/. Hope this helps

7. YamUfip

YamUfip Guest

Thanks very much for the help guys. I really appreciate it.