1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booting PS1 backups in a PS2 without a modchip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Brian23, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Brian23

Brian23 Guest

I've got a PStwo slimline, swapmagic 3.3 disks, a fliptop, and ELF LAUNCHER installed on my memory card. Is there a way that I can play my PS1 backups on my PS2 with some sort of boot disk/ELF file or something? I don't want to put a mod chip in my PS2.

2. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

I'm not sure with a Slimline but you may be able to use Breaker Pro(ps1 bootdisk) or a Gameshark V2. I don't think exploits work on the Slimline...or do they?

3. Brian23

Brian23 Guest

The independance Memory card exploit does not work on the slim PStwo, but there is another memory card exploit you can do with Swap Magic 3.3 or 3.6. Basically, it works the same as the independance exploit except instead of booting the memory card using a PS1 game, you boot the memory card using the Swapmagic disk. I've done this exploit on my memory card, and i loaded PGEN, SNES station, USB Advance, Cogswap, and ELF loader into my memory card. I haven't really played around with booting CDs and DVDs yet, I've just been playing Sega Genesis games from the USB hard drive so far. If you know the proceedure to boot a PS1 game, please let me know.

4. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

There is a procedure to boot Ps1 games with Elf Launchers but i think it depends on you booting the exploit with a PS1 game. To be honest i don't know the answer to your question besides mabey buying a Breaker Pro or Gameshark V2. Check this place out http://www.exploitstation.com/ these guys specialize in exploits, so if anyone knows they would. Hope that helps, and good luck.