1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

booting question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Irish_16, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Irish_16

Irish_16 Member

does anybody know why

with my dms3 sometimes it takes 10000000 times to boot a backup or any game

then other times it boots on the first try?

2. qbano

qbano Member

probably not a dms3..did you install it your self?

3. Irish_16

Irish_16 Member

I bought the chip separate then had it installed
    it was a dms3
    the DEV mode works fine and my cd-r games work fine

one of my dvd-r backups works fine but the others whenever they feel like it

they dont seem to boot even when i hold X or whatever

didnt know what was going on

mabye ill reburn the games

id rather not until i know they are wrong because im cheap

4. qbano

qbano Member

seeing as your cd-r games work fine..then i would say the problem is not with you chip..its with the laser..its probably just dirty..i would take the top off and gently clean it with a dry q-tip..and blow it out with some compressed air..if you dont have a tank..just use a straw and blow down on the side of the lens..try not to spit on it (lol)..that will make a big diffence..even better if you trust you self to be very careful what to do is..take off the black housing that is on the laser it self..and (very very carfuly) lift up the laser enough so you can get the q-tip under it.. there are two very fine wires attached to both sides the laser so be very careful not to break them..you my want to strip a little cotton of the q-tip first (to make the head alittle smaller)and just spin the q-tip between your thumb and fore finger..this should solve you problem..cleaning cd's will not work good enough..if you dont trust your self blowing on it shoud been fine...let me know if it works...if not we can try something eles