1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booting Up DVDs with Neo2.2 help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by andreabc, Mar 21, 2005.

1. andreabc

andreabc Member

I use DVD Region X as a boot for CD backups, and i really don't know how to do it for DVD backups, can anyone give me a hand?

My ps2 is old, v3 or v4 i think...

Isn't there any kind of DVD loader (like the CDLoader utility) for DVD backups?

thanks in advance

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

as far as I remember, you had to do a double swap for originals with neo2.2 for dvdr backups. As far as how to do it I wouldn't know with region X. Try searching on the net, you should be able to find instructions.

3. andreabc

andreabc Member

i didn't find anything:(

bump...anyone?

4. hursty

hursty Active member

I FOUND THIS

1. neo2.2 + dvdregionx will only boot cdr
    2. neo2.2 + AR2 V1.7/1.9 (*must be one of these versions*) + large orignal toc game (dmc demo is good), will boot *95%*dvdr
    3. neo2.2 + swap magic 2 dvdr will boot maybe *80%* dvdr, (method 2. will boot a most this method can't)

Neo2.2 can only swap 'on the fly' once, however cdloader may work if you also use the knife trick....not sure, never tried myself but it's same as fliptop idea

here's some info from ~3 yrs ago...

=====================================

Pal Ps2 - DVD-r Boot Method

i use dead or alive 2 but aslong as original dvd is bigger in size it will boot

1) Turn on the ps2 with AR2 1.7 AR2 1.9 also works no probs(holding down the ON/RESET)
    2) Select Start Game (Still Holding ON/Reset)
    3) Press EJECT (while still holding the ON/RESET button) and swap AR21.7 with DVD demo.
    4) Press EJECT to close (Wait 10 seconds)
    5) Then select WITHOUT CODES. Wait until disc stops.
    6) Now let go of reset and the tray comes out, Swap DVD demo for a backup DVDR press X just as the tray starts to go back in (IMPORTANT)
    =====================================

i have exact spec as urs but instead of ar2.02 ...i have ar2.01 (should be pretty much the same) anyway .. this method worked for me ...

"Load AR2v2 keeping Reset button pressed
    Select Action Replay Codes
    Highlight 'Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX2' Code
    press START
    press EJECT and insert Original-TOC-DVD and press EJECT to close
    wait 10 Seconds
    now press X on 'with Codes' and X once again
    Error-Message appears: 'Too many Codes'
    Original-TOC-DVD stops spinning
    now release Reset-Button and insert DVD-R Backup
    press X to confirm Error-Message
    now press Circle twice to enter Mainmenu again
    choose 'START GAME', 'without Codes' and then X to start
    Codes are getting actualised and DVD-R boots"

================================================== ==========================
    Before being able to boot DVDRs, you must first configure your PS2 by doing the following:
    1. Place your GS2 v2 disc into the PS2 & press reset.
    2. Select GameShark Codes, then press X.
    3. Select Add New Game, then press X.
    4. Press X a further 3 times. Each time, Updating Code List, Please Wait will be displayed.
    5. Hold the reset button until it turns red.
    This needs only be done once. Your PS2 is now ready to boot DVDRs by only needing to do the following:
    1. Place your GS2 v2 disc into the PS2, then hold the reset button until it turns red.
    2. Ask someone to press the reset button & keep it held in, until told to release it. After a few moments, the reset button will turn green & the GameShark main menu screen will be displayed.
    3. Highlight the GameShark Codes, but do not press X yet.
    4. Press eject & swap the GameShark disc for a demo disc that has a large size TOC.
    5. Press eject once more to close the drawer, then wait 10 seconds.
    6. Press X, then highlight New Games & press X once more.
    7. New Code should already be highlighted, with either an empty box to it's left, or one with a tick in it.
    8. Press X to add or remove the tick (it doesn't matter which), then press Start on your controller.
    9. The screen should now say With Code/Without Code. Highlight With Code.
    10. Ask the person helping you to let go of the reset button, whilst at the exact same time you begin pressing X continuously until the screen Updating Code List is displayed.
    11. The drawer will open & you will have a short time to replace the demo disc with the DVDR, before the tray closes itself.
    12. The screen will then go black for a while, & the game will load.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  5. andreabc

andreabc Member

thanks man, ill probably buy this swap magic 3 thingie, or just buy another chip :)

thanks allot anyway