1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booting with Gameshark 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dante2010, Jun 3, 2003.

1. dante2010

dante2010 Member

HI. I'm using the instructions found here (http://www.chipzone.com/installation/playstation2/operating/pnpop.cfm) to boot a backed up game. Game is backed up on DVD-R and is not a rip. I have a Gameshark V2 for PS2.

Problem is, I can't get it to work. I'm using the first set of instructions, and when I get to the point where I've switched out the real game with my backup and hit X, it doesnt do anything. Just sits at the same screen. I'm using EQOA in the boot process. Could it be that it doesn't have a large enuff TOC? What would you guys reccommend I use for a real boot cd?

2. dante2010

dante2010 Member

A bit more info for y'all.

I'm using a no solder modchip with a V7 PS2. The game in question that I'm trying to get working is Suikoden 3.

All my other DVD-R backups work fine with the swap magic 2.0 DVD disc.

3. dante2010

dante2010 Member

Anyone got any ideas?

4. 3MiNeM

3MiNeM Guest

What type of mod are you using? And what type of burning software?

5. dante2010

dante2010 Member

I'm using a no-solder mod. I'm not exactly sure what brand it is.. if there even is such a thing. All the site said (gamegizmo.com) was that it was a no-solder mod. It's the kind you plug the 2 ribbon cables into.

I'm using DVD Decryptor to read the disc into an ISO, and then burning it with the same software at lowest speed (1x). I've used DVD Decryptor for all my other backups, and they all work perfectly.

6. 3MiNeM

3MiNeM Guest

This is the only game out of all your other backups that don't work?

7. dante2010

dante2010 Member

8. 3MiNeM

3MiNeM Guest

I'd probably suggest getting Swap Magic v2 if you have v1. If you have v2 maybe wait until v3 comes out sometime this summer hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2003
  9. dante2010

dante2010 Member

Ya I have V2. I'm thinking it's an issue with the real game CD I'm using to try and boot the backup. Probably doesn't have a large enuff TOC. I'll try to get that Devil May Cry demo off ebay and see if that does the trick. It's supposed to be one of the best CDs to use with this method of booting backups, correct?

10. 3MiNeM

3MiNeM Guest

Yes and no. Devil May Cry is the dvd based game with the most TOC, but you're going to get a demo.If you have a dvd rom reader you can see how big the game you burnt is compared to the dvd your swapping with. If the dvd your swapping with is bigger, and your game is not working, there's nothing you can do now. If it's not, make sure the demo you're getting is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2003
  11. dante2010

dante2010 Member

O guess I read wrong. Thought I read somewhere that the demo was the best to use.

How do you determine TOC size on a DVD? Just go by MB size?