1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bootlegs on swapmagic?!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by rapidslug, Feb 22, 2005.

1. rapidslug

rapidslug Member

hi! im a n00b here... i got a PStwo V12 and i ordered swapmagic 3.3 from divineo... i read all the forums, and from everything the straw mod seems like the best solution. one question i have though is that will it mess up the pstwo as the tape mod has supposedly done to the tons of other pstwos, and it doesnt harm the laser does it? i opened up my pstwo without removing the sticker, but decided to put it back without tape mod. didnt want to risk it for just a week of game playing. also i tried using NO softmods as i read somewhere and lifting the lid only 1 or 2 cm... that didnt work but i guess thats cos i didnt understand the procedure too well, so if someone could help me out... i have a few bootlegs i got for ps2 (jak3, mgs3, getaway2, and dbz3) so i was wondering if that bootlegs (pal region but my ps2 is ntsc) would normally play with swap magic as im not too sure the dvd quality is too good, infact im sure its bad. but my frnds with modchips have run it VERY successfully. thanks in advance for any help... if someone does that is :p

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

The tape mod does NO harm to your laser. SMD v3.3 have the option to load PAL games on your NTSC, haven't tried it myself though. Bad media is usually bad news for any ps2 mod, but you can try it out. If it doesn't work you could always use Dvd Decrypter and put it back on your hdd and burn it to better media.

3. rapidslug

rapidslug Member

thanks for the reply... i tried putting in the straw mod. didnt work out. want to know if theyre are any other clearer instructions for the same mod somewhere else (i used the swapmagic website) my pstwo version is the 70011. i'm using PAL area games... the same ones mentioned above. so i need anything else besides teh swap magic disk (cd or dvd loader) and also how do i know the switches have been pressed with the straw mod?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I have the tape mod done, i never tried the whole, straw/tissue mod. I'm not really sure if there is an easier tutorial for the straw mod, i haven't seen one myself.

Doing the tape mod you will know that the 2 switches are properly pressed down. Only thing is you have to open your console up, which isn't bad because you can use the warranty sticker as a hinge so you don't void it.

I'd guess the only way you'd know is if it boots the backup disc.