1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bootup problem with Matrix Infinity

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dkunjp, Aug 31, 2004.

1. dkunjp

dkunjp Member

I installed the Chip on my Japanese PS2 (30000, V4) but I can't seem to get it to boot correctly.

When I press the Power button the screen goes black and nothing happens. If I press the Eject button the same thing happens. (The Slide door does not come out. if I press it again, it does though)

If I hold the Power button down for 2 seconds the PS2 boots up as ususal. I can insert a game after the PS2 navigation comes on and the games boot correctly.

To test whether I installed the chip correctly or not I held down the Start button while booting and it says "Disabled" on the TV as it should, so I guess the chip is connected??┬┤But other than this I get no responses from the Chip.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Maybe my wires are too long? Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  3. dkunjp

dkunjp Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I assumed that would be the problem and resolded everything yesterday. Though I did it before I saw your reply so the 3.3v cable got pretty long again.. and this didn't work very well either. I'm not sure where to put the chip now.

EDIT:
    Holly Macarony!!!!!!
    I finished up at 5am yesterday and I tested the machine without results. After posting my message I decided to test it again and it works!!!!! You bet I'm happy.. If I have any trouble again I guess I'll have to redo it again..!

4. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

yeah the matrix infinity is a nice chip (i have one myself). glad everything worked out and happy modding.

5. dkunjp

dkunjp Member

It seems like it only boots the games 40% of the time so I decided to redo the whole thing again. I may just cut out a piece from the metallic motherboard-cover and place the chip there since there's not space to place it on my Japanese V4

6. dkunjp

dkunjp Member

Alright, finally it works!!

THe lenght of the cables is pretty important. Took me 3 times to find out. I removed some rubber on a chip down in the corner and placed the matrix on it. I had to remove a piece from the metal cover than covers the motherboard though.. but it works perfectly now.