1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Botched Wiikey install help wanted, pics inside

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by TheSparky, Jun 2, 2007.

1. TheSparky

TheSparky Member

Long story short:
    Used a 25w (unknown age) iron & acid core solder (also unknown ages). I removed all the old solder from the botched job with a soldering braid and a spankin' new 15w iron. I also have some good solder and flux.
    Currently, the Wii itself works fine, but the drive won't feed in any discs (and obviously won't read them). Here are some slightly blurry images that I took to show what's happened to it.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Also, how can I take clearer pictures of the drive? I had to do this ghetto style using a magnifying glass because my camera's zoom just made everything really blurry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  2. wes00

wes00 Member

I saw the pictures you posted and thought to myself "Hmm, that looks just like mine did when I screwed it up." Mine did the same thing that yours is doing only mine would pull the discs in but it was unable to read them. I just decided that it was beyond my skill so I sent it to chicagogamewerks.com and they fixed it up. They charge you an extra 25 bucks for fixing the botched install but mine works now. I shipped mine out on monday and they had it back to me on the next monday. Works great now.