1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bought a 50 pack of maxell dvd+r - these coded out cmc mag , are these bad media

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by dvdman101, Nov 24, 2007.

1. dvdman101

dvdman101 Regular member

hi
    i bought a 50 pack of maxell dvd+r at the local wal-mart . these were made in tawian . i burned one and then ran it thru nero cd/dvd speed tool quality test and it scored a 93 percent . i have read here that cmc mag are the worst disc out there , these coded out as cmc mag . are these junk media , or do you think these will be ok , i thought that a 93 percent was pretty good , but i am leary of cmc mag , i thought that memorex only used them to make their dvd+r's . the only problem around here is that you can only find made in tawian stuff at the local wal-mart . also one more question , is tdk dvd+r any good , radio shack has those on sale and was wondering if they was worth the time to use . do you think the cmc mag maxell are junk or should be ok . thanks

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

since you got a quality score of 93 you should be ok with them for now. whats important is how well they scan in 6 months to a year, try it again then.

the TDK will most likely code out a CMC Mag also \

if you don't want to roll the dice getting cmc mag buy Verbatim at the B&M stores or Sony/Fujifilm 8x media thats MIJ or buy Taiyo Yudens online

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  3. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I would warn you that CMC-MAG media will have adverse effects on your love life, friends, and cause you to consider moving to Antarctica and opening up an ice cream stand, but you get the point, Most of the members here have used CMC-MAG in some form or another over the years and usually suffer the same fate, dye rot, media degeneration, etc, but, go ahead and try it and report back to us in 6 months.