1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought a new PSP. Help with downgrade

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Bulhrir, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Bulhrir

Bulhrir Member

I used to have a psp back when it was just 1.00 firmware. I had everything down and checked up on updates for homebrew everyday. I had the devhook and the 1.50 firmware. I sold it a long time ago and recently bought a new one. It has 2.60 firmware on it atm and i am wondering what i need and what i have to do. I have been trying to read up on it and getting custom firmwares and everything and it is all blowing my mind right now. What do i need and what do i need to do? My goal is to be able to play Final Fantasy Tactics from the memory stick and emulators. I am going to try to get Lumines tomorrow and upgrade it to 3.8 and then downgrade it using the illumini trick. But i have no idea how to install the custom firmware properly.

2. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

This should be post on Mod and firmware section.

Once downgrade use this
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/569454 to upgrade to 3.71 M33 the latest Custom Firmware

U can also use Pandora battery to downgrade. Search on google. Also, check if ur psp is slim or not.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

moved :)

4. Bulhrir

Bulhrir Member

Sorry for double post

5. Bulhrir

Bulhrir Member

Ah, thank you for the guide. I have about 8 guides up right now lol. What would i use to play games off the memory stick? Is Devhook still the best umd loader? I got a site with all the best Emulators now. Also, what does the custom firmware do? Give me all the access to the new features but still is able to use 1.50 firmware homebrew? Also would running games off the memory stick that require a higher firmware be able to work?

6. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

1. No need dev hook. Just ouput the ISO or Cso file in the ISO folder. Go the Game menu and u will see it. Simple.

2. Custom Firmware has the same functions as the official firmware. It will still have 1.5 kernal.

EDIT : if a game is for 3.71 and u have 3.71 M33. Then it will work. There is also another way by changing the param file in the ISO,

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007