1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought a used PS2 from EB, how do I know if I got a bad one??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by king_ed88, Feb 2, 2005.

1. king_ed88

king_ed88 Member

Hi, I'm a new here. Yesterday I traded in my ver.4 PS2 for a used one at EB cuz of a laser problem. I got a question, how do I know I got a good machine?? Is there a way to check if I got a good one or does time tell?? I don't mine opening it and see cuz I opened up my old ver.4 before and I had no problem doing it. Wanna make sure I got a good PS2 before I start modding it and put a HD. btw, which site was it that tells you what version your PS2 is?? I forgot which site it was, the PS2 I have right now is SCPH-50001, I know that it's not ver. 1-3 cuz it has 8 screws, thanks a lot.

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

for version: http://www.mod-chip.com/ps2version.htm

its a good ps2 probably. i have the same model myself and it works great. if you mod it make sure you do the LA fix or romeo mod (google it if you dont what it is) so you dont burn out your LA chip.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  3. king_ed88

king_ed88 Member

Thanks for the link. lol, I have no idea what you're talking about, what's LA fix and romeo mod, haha, sorry