1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought dvd's to Samsung 10.1 note tablet

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by carl292, Jun 17, 2015.

1. carl292

carl292 Member

Hi everyone-

My daughter is going on a long trip ( in a week) and would like to put some of our dvd's onto my laptop windows 8 64 bit and traffer them to her Samsung note 10.1 tablet. I was thinking of putting them on a thumb drive or micro sd. Can anyone please help me with a guide or the simplest way to do this.
    Also, how big of a thumbdrive or micro sd for say 8-10 movies?
    Oh BTW, I did have anydvd and clone dvd2 awhile back on another desktop that blew up, so it has been awhile but I have burned dvds before. I did email slysoft for updates, but what other options would you recommend? Thank you

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Before using clonedvd,you'll need anydvd to rip first or dvdfab.Then use the setting not to include menu & rip the main movie (you can use dvdshrink as well to rip the main movie & at the same time trim front & end credits to reduce footprint) then use vidcoder to transcode to a compatible format the tablet can play.

edit: so theres no confusion
    Rip with anydvd,dvdfab or (dvdshrink if it works on it)
    Then use clonedvd to edit or dvdshrink,to deselect junk you don't need & get the main movie
    Use vidcoder to transcode video files to a mkv or mp4 or whatever

3. Nepheler

Nepheler Member

I recommend MakeMKV to rip DVD into MKV, if you've installed VLC player or so that can read MKV files. Otherwise you can use some free convert like Handbrake to convert MKV to MP4/AVI.
    A direct dvd ripper could be even better.