1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought game on other console and now wont work on mine :(

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by VagrantW, Nov 25, 2007.

1. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

Okay here's my situation... Bought 360, created profile, played for a few weeks, migrated old XBL account and had to make seperate profile for XBL. Now last week I bought some points and got my self Geometry Wars (awesome game BTW), now I'm having no problems with this game what so ever, I can use it on any profile I like. But last night I unlocked Castlevania on my mates console and now I've got home I can't play Castlevania on any profile but my XBL one and only on XBL. What's going on here? Does this have something to to with using my mates console? Why can I play Geometry Wars and not Castlevania? I feel I'm about to learn a valuable lesson...

2. JarrodNz

JarrodNz Guest

Just go to the market place and re-download it to your console. It should be free to download the full version as you have already paid for it before

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2007
  3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

That's MS's drm protection. It's now locked to your friends console. And the only way you can access it on your console is to be logged on to Live.

I don't even think you can redownload it for free. If that were able to happen then alot of people would exploit that and get arcade games for free. You would have to repurchase it on your console to be able to play it off Live.

I have read of people calling customer support, explaining the situation, and have been given the points back to repurchase it. So I'd say give them a call and explain what happened.

4. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

you have to repurchase it on another account on your X360, not the one you use or have already downloaded it with, it's the DRM like bhetrick said, and no there's no other way to access it accept being logged into live, same goes for all DLC. they are tied to the system it originally was downloaded on, not the HD or gamertags...

blows for DLC like Gear, Rainbow etc. if u download something and then get a replacement console the crap won't work offline (crackdown also comes to mind....)

u can try to complain, but it probably won't work. it worked for me after my 1st replacement but who know's if it still works, they'll put the M$ points on another account (so create one) so you can download it using that account so it'll be accessable to all accounts on ur 360. they will not credit your main account because you've already technically purchased them w/ that account and so therefor it will still be locked to the other X360.

hope that helps.