1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Box is locked out.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by wmurph, Jul 13, 2007.

1. wmurph

wmurph Member

I purchases a eurovox max box last May, I expected the red box but the blue one arrived, when I questioned the seller he informed me that it was the newer version and that it was packaged wrong. It had the Feb software loaded, anyway when I tried it, it worked fine. Then a few weeks later it started to make a beep or chirping sound while watching the TV. It did not make the noise when in standby mode or if the box was on and the TV was off. The noise became more frequent the longer you watched the TV. I updated the software to the June version thinking that this might solve the problem but a couple of days later while watching the TV the box switched off and now the stanby indicator (red)is on but nothing else,the clock is not displayed nor will the box switch on. I disconnected the power and left for awhile but still nothing. I have since found out that this is not an original but a cloned box and have been told to JTag the box. Can anyone tell me what Jtag is and what I have to do next.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

PM sent with full explaination.