1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

box-t

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by WestCork, Dec 21, 2007.

1. magichat

magichat Member

all unscrambled. happy days.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

3. AnBroc

AnBroc Guest

Hi. I'm looking at buying a Box T as I have mmds through upc.
    I was wondering if there is still a difference on the new decoders (upc)..eg , I have seen posts here saying it will work on chorus mmds but not on ntl mmds etc etc...

Any advice gratefully accepted

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Correct the Box T is for Ch**us MMDS, a standard DVB C box will work on N** MMDS.

5. rodlynch

rodlynch Member

6. rodlynch

rodlynch Member

do you have a the box T.i am looking for one,also what channels are available on it.i have a chorus mmds signal

7. DesB

DesB Regular member

Rod if you want to contact this guy, go back one page and look for the name Bart2, over on the R/H side you will see a little face and pen, click on this and it will allow you to send a PRIVATE mesage to him, as buying and selling are not really allowed here
    best of luck!

8. rodlynch

rodlynch Member

sorry,thanks for that advice.did not realise how to send him a private message.

9. DesB

DesB Regular member

No need to be sorry, glad you are sorted!

10. Muffz

Muffz Member

hi guys is there any one will tell me which one is better THE BOX or the box t ...

11. mullgan

mullgan Member

Anybody know where I can find the k**ys for chorus M*MDS. I have been trying since 16th of June with no luck.

12. paddyv

paddyv Member

guys I have a "box t" v4.55e 7 nov 2007 boot loader v7.0

I scanned it in and got 73 channels but they are all saying scrambled or bad channel.(bar the unscrambled rte and santanta) Im on ch0 in Limerick.

when i try menu 1570 nothing happens and when I try the method suggested via parental controls is just keeps prompting me for pin>old pin>new pin>confirm pin> and keeps going round and round

any help muchly is appreciated.

13. DesB

DesB Regular member

sounds like the box needs flashing .....to download the required firmware click the second line on my signature and look for box T

14. WestCork

WestCork Member

15. WestCork

WestCork Member

Check out similar problem at the start of this post in December 21/22 2007. Scouser & Westcork.

16. gucksie

gucksie Guest

I have a BOX T which has been working perfectly for over a year but yesterday the tv screen appeared to have a green tinge to it . I then went into the menu to check that no settings had been changed and now the system wont allow me to quit out of the main menu screen. I have turned off the box but when I turn it back on the menu screen keeps coming up. any ideas.

17. WestCork

WestCork Member

Connect to another tv?
    Check batteries in remote?
    Flash the box again if the solution is not as silly as first two suggestions.

18. wiseguy25

wiseguy25 Member

hi guys,
    just got my box-t working, but some of the channels are choppy i.e. the signal is breaking up. signal is about 84% but quality varies from about 38% to 65%. the channels seem to break up at about 50% or below. i was wondering if the problem is to do with the positioning of the areial or could it be something to do with the downconverter? (i.e. something to do with the fact that when i was putting up the areial i dropped the downconverter off the roof and the top broke off it! i just glued it back on. its a little bent up but from my understanding of how it works it should make little to no difference.

any help would be greatly appreciated

19. tazzy79

tazzy79 Guest

have a box-t and on chorus mmds (worked fine), recently recieved new upc mediabox and tried retuning box-t but does not work, any suggestions

20. nialler

nialler Member

Hi, I have a problem with the Box T. I cannot download the new firmware from 4shared namely TheBoxT-22122008.bin. This will not download. I get 'flash update fail'. I downloaded firmware called thebox_Ireland_H20070705_450eE_api which downloaded fine. After reading this post I believe this is the firmware fot N*L mmds whereas I am CH*R*S mmds. When I scan for channels I get 0Programs found. Tried loads of stuff already, there is a bewildering amount of info out there. Scouser, if you are still hale and hearty a bit of advice would be much appreciated!