1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boycott American Express

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by dmerrick, Mar 11, 2012.

1. dmerrick

dmerrick Regular member

I know that this post may be considered inappropriate but I am trying to get the word out about Big Business in America and how they treat us.

This morning started pretty much like every morning. We all have a morning routine and I was in mine. I sat down for breakfast and grabbed the Sunday paper.

When I got to the business section, a headline blared, "American Express CEO gets big Raise". A raise, I’m okay with that. But, as I read the story I find that he received a compensation package of "22.5 Million Dollars"

How far would 22.5 Million go to help wipe out polio in the world or to feed the people in the US that live on the street with little to eat? How about the Americans in the Midwest who lost everything in the last 2 days – 22.5 Million would go a long ways to help these people – bring in units for them to live in as they rebuild their lives. In our own area there are people who legitimately need a hand. What could we do with 22.5 Million dollars to help the needy in our area?

You don’t have to be rich to have an American Express Card. If you have one, don’t cancel it. It will cause your credit score to go down. Just do not use it for 1 year. Everyone can cooperate in this boycott against massive salaries that are so out of whack with reality and what we face in the United States and the world. Don’t buy anything that comes from American Express or that American Express advertises in/on. I refuse to use my American Express card or to buy anything with American Express advertisement. I will boycott American Express at every level for 1 year or until this obscene payment is corrected.

I am feed up and I am going to do something about it. If you agree please join this boycott. If you “twitter, use Facebook, have a Blog, or whatever on the internet, pass this along and get all of America involved.

I urge you to join the boycott and to let others know. Tell everyone you come in contact with that we are not going to tolerate any more obscene actions like a 22.5 Million Dollar Raise –for anybody. Send emails and letters to American Express to tell them that we are not going to stand for this type of travesty.

Boycott American Express and Speak out for those who really need the help. No one deserves a 22.5 Million Dollar Raise. Boycott American Express.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

sorry to hear that,but,welcome to the real world.i dont mean this disrespectfully but what you propose will have about as much effect as a flea on an elephants ass.i suppose one could purchase american express stock if its publicly traded {i believe it is}and raise a stink at stockholder meetings.but when push comes to shove,they really only have to answer to their stockholders.

3. dmerrick

dmerrick Regular member

When we little fleas get together we can make change occur. If this message can grow and get out to American Express shareholders it can make a change. The airlines have had to pull back some fees due to the power of the consumer and use of the net to get the word out. The internet was instrumental in the downfall of the Lybian government.
    Remember the old Dr Suess quote "A persons a person no matter how small." We can create change if we raise our voices together.

Do I think he is going to give back the 22.5 million. No But companies need to know that consumers will not tolerate those kinds of deals while we struggle to pay our bills.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

i wholeheartedly agree with you.

5. dmerrick

dmerrick Regular member

Thanks. I hope the power of the social media can bring this to American Express and let them know that we fleas aren't happy.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.

7. dmerrick

dmerrick Regular member

Thank you. Which thread was it moved to?

8. dmerrick

dmerrick Regular member

Thanks again. I got it.

9. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

10. halleydavis

halleydavis Member

Residents of New Jersey will no longer be able to purchase prepaid cards from American Express. The company has ripped its prepaid credit cards from retailers due to legislation passed by the state which allows the state government to take unclaimed cash on gift cards and travelers checks after a period of inactivity. Because of the lifted injunction, the American Express is pulling all prepaid gift cards from stores in the state of New Jersey. Not only that, its customers will have to order them directly from American Express. Well, the decision was partially because of penalties American Express might face if any retailers selling American Express gift cards decided not to collect ZIP code information, according to the Consumerist. Article source: personalmoneynetwork.com/moneyblog/2012/04/02/prepaid-gift-cards-new-jersey/