1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brad1102!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by see-more, Jan 30, 2004.

1. see-more

see-more Member

listen man,i told u clearly its all been cheked over and over and over,and that aint the problem it was a clean install no sloppyness like most people.The jerk that sold the chip to me mumbled sumthing about cheking ps14,its not a resistor ,its the lil black fuse box with 100 written on it.iT`S the only one out of all ps`s 1-14 that read none zero resistance,the rest do.If this means anything does it mean its shorted and is causing the problem?what is the ps14 fuse resposible for on the mainboard?cause i have no idea what it is used for.

2. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Ok then!

How did the fuse get blown?

3. see-more

see-more Member

ok then?lol,no idea man i never done nutin to it,i just installed the chip precisely and gently.putit all back together.turned on and got red light and green ,no tray opening,fans comes on.does this sound like ps14 troubles?

4. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

How educated is the guy that sold you the chip?

Blowing a fuse on your main board is pretty difficult - like you pretty much have to be retarded to install a chip so badly, and from reading your posts so far - you aren't.

There is something definately wrong with your board though. Tell you what - why don't you just short out the fuse in question - bypassing it altogether and see if it actually is the problem.

If not, at least you can rule it out.

5. see-more

see-more Member

I FIGURED ID MAYBE TRY replacing the fuse with another,cause i know the tech sed sumthin about cheking sum fuse but didnt mention it ,so i asked him where it was then he got pretty rude about it and sed this goes beyond tech service ,and that he couldnt go that far beyond detail.so yeh..?AS i sed if all the other black numbered fuses have a zero resistant which they sed they were suppose to have ,and the ps14 was not reading zero,way up on 3-6 level.so i thought that was odd?