1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Brand New Lenovo y50 GTX 960m SLOW

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by koolyoe, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

I just purchased a new Lenovo Laptop and it is running slow. I am still within my 30day return policy and if I can't figure out what the problem is I will be sending it back.
    When I load a webpage and try to scroll through it, it will stop, stick, glitch and even time out.
    I have updated the Nvidia driver for the gtx 960m, it is running Windows 10. Even now while I type this the letters on the screen sometimes freeze and i have typed 2 words before it shows up on screen.

Here is the Lenovo Y50 I got. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/?sb=:000001C9:0001434E:

I am interested in it because it has a powerful gpu, big hdd, good amount of ram, and thin and light.

However, I am not pleased so far with its performance as far as basic web pages are concerned.
    I know it chooses between 2 gpu's the onboard and the Nvidia and I am not sure if that has anything to do with its performance. I would not mind running the gtx constantly if that would solve my issues.

If I can't fix it, what laptop should I get instead? I was looking at the HP Omen (basically same specs but more expensive.) Or a Sager.

I want it to have a decent looking design, and thin.

Thanks for your time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.