1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand new Xbox broken?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Adi2K, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Adi2K

Adi2K Member

Hi!

Just bought my Xbox 3 days ago from a games store here, and it already gave up on me.....

While playing Halo the game froze while loading my savegame, the screen was black and I was forced to reboot. Now when I boot up, the device has a strange ticking sound inside of it, and after a while the eject button blinks green and red, also showing me a screen that the device needs service etc. It doesn't matter if I have a game in it or not, so it must either be the cooling fan, the HD or something else.

Is there anything I can do, or do I need to throw it through the store's window?

2. andrewb15

andrewb15 Member

Sounds like your harddrive has gone wrong (the defualt Xbox dash has become corrupted), just take it back to the store and get another Xbox. If this isnt an option get a mod chip installed and format the HD, hopefully this would also be able to bypass the bios chips on the mainboard if these are also faulty/gone wrong.

Ps. the green and red blinking is called "fragging"

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  3. Adi2K

Adi2K Member

Hehehe, ok. I kind of figured that the HD was messed up because it gave up while loading my savegame.
    I called the store too, they were not very helpful themselves, but they would like to take a look at it and send it to repair etc. Will get a new one instead and start over on Halo again -_-;

If it happens again they can kiss my hiney.