1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand Spanking New Playstation! Question?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Vendain, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Vendain

Vendain Guest

I did the little search function, but I was unable to find something that answered my question.

Today I purchased a brand new playstation2. It came in a black box. It has the network adapter built in and everything.

I plan on purchasing a mod chip and having it installed by my wife (an electronics technician). I need to know which version my PS2 is, but I'm not sure exactly where to look. If anyone could tell me, I would appreciate it.

I plan on purchasing the DMS3 but I want to make sure that it is compatible before I drop 80 bucks on it.

Thank you very much.

2. Raptorman

Raptorman Guest

there should be a model number on the box. But it sounds like you have a v9. If thats the case your outta luck for a while because currently there is no mod chip that supports a v9.

model numbers for a v9 are SCPH-50001 and up. EDIT that model number is for Pal units only, I THINK NTSC v9 are SCPH-39000

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2003
  3. ICE101

ICE101 Member

Flip Top Cover should work with your version.

4. Raptorman

Raptorman Guest

just did a search and it looks like this place might have a chip for a v9, im not sure though because I can't read the info on the page.

http://www.usagameshop.com/Products/103202.html

I dont think A flip top would work because the v9 has progressive dvd scan.

5. telescope

telescope Regular member

Just tell us wats the model no. of ur Ps2

6. Vendain

Vendain Guest

Thanks for the help guys.

It looks like I am SOL for a while until the new mod chips come out. My model number is SCPH-39001. Hopefully it will not take too long for the technology to catch up. Until then it looks like I'll be playing alot of Tony Hawk 4.

7. robert34

robert34 Guest

all modchips work on v7 models which is yours.

DMS3, Messiah 2, Magic 3.1 , Magic V

but i thought the online adapter was only with the newer models of ps2.

8. Vendain

Vendain Guest

Wonderful! i did a little more looking around and found that all of the 39001/n were version 7. So I will order the DMS3 next weekend and have it installed. Thanks again guys.