1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Branson read this thread.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Oner, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Branson, if you continue to instigate with such comments that you have replied with, you will not be welcome here. If you have a problem take it to PM's. aD'ers do not need to read such immature banter, let alone your signature also.

Some Replies :

a) I think I am better than you your obviously sensitive about it

b) apple, get an apple, apple this apple that apple apple apple apple chips are good I like apples I want to eat an apple buy apples I have a fetish for apples

you are always talking about apple chips ....go eat an apple

c) thats because you have no confidence (in reference to another member)

d) well if I can help so that the moderators dont have to than I have saved them some time so they can focus on more important things (don't worry about about moderators, we'll take care of everything)

Your signature :

a) I would need a telescope too if mine was as small as yours ....you knwo who Im talking about

b) telescope you dont deserve to be a seinor member you dont know shit

This is your only warning as you have violated a few rules. Please read them again and try not to worry about what others do. We'll take care of that.

2. _useless_

_useless_ Guest

thank you for summing up some of my best responces so that other can read them all at once

3. psx245

psx245 Regular member

its not a complement. this is all the stupid things you said since coming here.

4. c7015

c7015 Regular member

5. _useless_

_useless_ Guest

stop braging c7015 the only reason that I apologised is becasue you actually helped me and what your saying does make sence but I will still tell it how it is (no insults this time)

6. c7015

c7015 Regular member

hey if getting you to shut up dosent get me braging rights I dont know what does

7. hybridsun

hybridsun Member

hahahaha. Now thats something I must laugh on!!

8. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I still don't see any compliance from you Branson. Your reply
    does not sit well with me, because it is just another reply similar to the ones I quoted that I am warning you about. Everyone knows that I don't play games here at aD, and if this was a few weeks ago you would have been banned already.

But dRD made a few things clear to me after an incident I was uncomfortable with and I have been VERY understanding and more than lenient with not only you but with other members.

Don't bother yourself with what other people do here; if you see or feel something is inapproriate by all means report it to a moderator, it will be handled by someone. Also don't ask how a member might have gotten "senior" status, it is what it is and that is the way it will be. dRD ultimately allows who has what title, and he does so for his own reasons which is the way it should be.

Please use more "Netiquette", and show more respect for other members here. Your acknowledgement and compliance to this matter is key to you being a forum member.

9. telescope

telescope Regular member

Thanks Oner for Taking time and handling this situation
    I think he will not repeat this again
    And about his signature
    It would be good BRanson if u just remove my Nickname from it
    Or just edit it
    Thanks once again Oner

10. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I normally don't get involved with PS2 forums at all, as it is just its own universe and Oner has handled it very well (place definately needs bit more whipping than other forum rooms, I admit :).

But seriously, I visited couple of threads today in PS2 forums and even though none of them really constitute towards banning by our standards (we normally tolerate lots of stuff), I'm rather worried about the athmosphere in forum -- it's getting too heated, too many arguments, too much off-topic s*it gets thrown in each thread (normally insults, "my dad's modchip is bigger than your dad's modchip" kinda flaming, etc).

Anyway, we want to keep PS2 forum as nice and tidy as other forum rooms, although there are several factors that make it more difficult to do. I will pop in for next couple of weeks to read couple of threads each day and see if the name-calling and other crap still exists. If it does, I'm more than willing to hand out a task for our moderators to issue a mass-banning and get couple of hundred users booted out (out of 75k+) permanently and see if that clears the air a little bit.

Behave._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Petteri Pyyny
    Webmaster
    http://AfterDawn.com/

Please read our guides before posting questions! Guides are available here:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/[/small]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2003
  11. psx245

psx245 Regular member

is branson banned now???

12. _useless_

_useless_ Guest

13. _useless_

_useless_ Guest

but as for the flame wars I would agree that the ps2 forum has some agressive posts but its is not just this forum I saw a flame war over a doubble post between rotary and orphius two seinor members i will agree to stop the insults and posting of an agresive nature however I do not fell that the mass bannings should happen and not just becasue I am worried but I dont think that it is fair to other forum users maybe you should select seinor members who deserve it and gice them the power to edit posts if that is possible _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I would need a telescope too if mine was as small as yours ....you knwo who Im talking about [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2003
  14. _useless_

_useless_ Guest

and I will change my sig ...

15. Dvd_buddy

Dvd_buddy Guest

i'm a cucumber i'm a cucumber! please don't take me to the pickel farm yeah!!!!!!!!1

16. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

dRD - hey boss, nice to see you making rounds once in a while still. Branson had a good idea about allowing some senior members the ability to edit posts of offensive or rule breaking material. i'm sure it would help free up the mods a bit too. it could be like a 1st warning thing, then if still not resolved, the senior members could bring it to the mods attention. and after a while i bet the air would calm down, since if it had to be brought up to a mod, the user would most likely be doomed anyway. something to think about. oh and btw, say hi once in a while in the IRC #, man you idle better then anyone i've ever seen lol :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Darthnip

Come Say Hi on IRC!!! Server: irc.emule-project.net channel: #ad_buddies

[/small]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2003
  17. dRD

darthnip: There will be two new features within near future that we're testing right now. "Report an offensive post" button next to every single post that users can use to alert moderators about specific posts and also moderators will get rights to ban users temporarily -- currently mods can't ban anyone, only admins can.

And I'm very actively on IRC, but on IRCNet :) But I promise to say hello more often at eMule channel as well :)

18. telescope

telescope Regular member

Thanks drd to handle the situation

19. Bootney

Bootney Guest

BTW Oner, I have become under the impression that advertising/links to who you are connected are not allowed in this forum. I recently got into a heated argument with MrHat of modchipman.com because it is advertised all over A.D. that they could help with chip probs.
    And I understand why he would not help, but what I don't understand is why he is still allowed to advertise his site here. I've seen threads where you commend him but say nothing about this matter. Are you also connected to modchipman.com? Please understand that I'm not trying to start a pissing contest but just want to clear the matter so I can better understand how this site works.

20. dRD

Advertising, generally speaking, is not allowed by forum users and AFAIK, none of our mods is connected in any way to any commercial party that would do advertising on our site in form of forum posts.

As a rule of thumb, we don't allow advertising on forum posts, but in very specific issues, where providing a link to a retailer solves a problem of a specific user or has a very high informative value, is acceptable. However, I wont make the calls on how the PS2 forum rules are laid out, but have left that pretty much on Oner and I have all the faith in him making correct and objective decisions on what is allowed and what is not.

Yet again, if there are commercial parties -- and I know there are -- that want to use the forums for advertising purposes, please contact us via feedback link and we can negotiate an actual advertising deal. By not doing this in "legit" way, you just risk yourself getting banned from the forums.