1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

breaking up a2 movie DVD to two individual dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wschw, Feb 10, 2005.

1. wschw

wschw Guest

I have a 7.33 gb movie on i dvd, and I want to make 2 different 4.9 gb movies how can I spli the movioes so i get all the info transferred. I am new to this and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

wschw--
    Is it 1 movie or is it 2 movies? If it is one movie, then you can use DVDShrink and DVD Decrypter--both are free and available right here. If it is 2 movies and you want 2 disks, there are guides here to show you how to do it.

Whitfield

3. wschw

wschw Guest

there are two movies on the dvd and I want to separate them, but the way i look at them the second movie starts in the vts 1-04 section. There are 7 vts 1 sections, how can I break them apart. Also please advise what guides and where I can find them, . Why i want to do bthis is beacause I cant find and DVD-r double layer discs.
    Thanks again

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

ok sit back and take this in!

1, you need to take all the .VOB's out! (NOT! the ifo or bup) split them to 2 folders, film-1 film-2...

name them from 1 to 4 say?

flim-1

VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

flim-2

VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

2, open IFOEDIT and click CREATE IFO button (located bottom middle of app) lead it to the first folder, then when finished do the same for folder2

***keep the destination folder the same as vobs***

3, burn each folder to dvdr (separatly of course!)

Done...

NOTE - all this said i take it you know abit about dvdr backing up! if not just shout...

good luck!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  5. wschw

wschw Guest

thanks for the reply, I really am a newbie and dont know very much. I copied the files from the dvd on my hard drive, and thats all I did, I played them on my POWER DVD to see where the difference was. To do what you suggested which program do I need? Im really sorry to bug you but im just learning. Thanks
    Walter

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

not a problem thats why we are here ;-])

ok, so you have 2 folders now? if so get the app called IFOEDIT and then open it and click the button CREATE IFO (bottom center of app)

use the same folder as the first folder for bup/ifo files this app will make...

then when done sort the second folder!

then you need to burn each folder separately (which do you use for burning?)

let us know how you get on!

7. wschw

wschw Guest

thanks for,your replpy I use nero the latest 6.00??
    I wont be trying your suggestions till next week as Im going away for the weekend, Ill let you know how it works then
    Thanks

8. wschw

wschw Guest

Thanks again it worked, When I played with nero ver 6(nero recode Vers 2.1.1.18) it would appear that in that program you can cut and edit a DVD. Do you know ,if it works? , would appreciate your reply
    Thanks